Welcome to OpenNMS UK
This site has been set up as a news feed and point of contact for the growing community of OpenNMS users in the UK and Ireland.
Here you can learn about
- Local OpenNMS events and training
- OpenNMS Support Services
- Other users of OpenNMS in the UK
- Blog posts relevant to the OpenNMS community
Below you will also find links to other OpenNMS sites and news feeds.
March 15, 2018
This post provides an update to our previous post and video describing The OpenNMS entry to the Eclipse IoT challenge 2017 Project Description The aim of this project is to use IoT pollution measurements as a compelling use case to prove a design for an MQTT plugin for OpenNMS. This will position OpenNMS as a highly capable platform for distributed IoT monitoring applications. IoT projects will immediately be able to leverage OpenNMS’s existing very powerful event correlation and performance data visualization in the IoT space.
UPDATE – UNFORTUNATELY DUE TO UNFORESEEN CIRCUMSTANCES THE CONFERENCE HAS BEEN CANCELLED Once again the OpenNMS User Conference is taking place at the University of Fulda from 13th – 15th September 2016 The conference is great value and offers a good chance to meet other OpenNMS users around Europe. For more information and to purchase tickets please see
People sometimes ask us ‘Is OpenNMS ITIL compliant’, which is a strange question since it is your organisational processes which conform to ITIL, not your operational support systems. So it is more about how your use your systems than about the systems themselves. Recently we held OpenNMS workshops around the UK and Ireland and one of the presentations started to look at this question with a worked example of introducing a new service.
Latest News & Events
- OpenNMS Workshop at FLOSS UK 15 March 2016 (February 15, 2016)
- The State of OpenNMS – Dublin 10 Nov 2015 (November 6, 2015)
- OUCE2015 OpenNMS User Conference Europe (August 14, 2015)
- FLOSS UK DevOps 24-26 March 2015 (March 15, 2015)
- 8-11 December 2014 OpenNMS at TM Forum Digital Disruption (October 29, 2014)
- OpenNMS On the Horizon – May 20th, 2019 – Bug Fixes, CI Workflow, Grafana Integration, Helm, and More!
- OpenNMS On the Horizon – May 13th, 2019 – OpenTracing, Bug Fixes, Refactoring, Graph Service, UI Fixes, and More!
- OpenNMS On the Horizon – May 6th, 2019 – Thresholding, Docker, Sink and RPC, Flows, and More!
- OpenNMS Launches Horizon 24
- OpenNMS On the Horizon – April 30th, 2019 – Horizon 24, Graph Service, RPC and Sink API, Docker Containers, and UI Changes