Welcome to OpenNMS UK
This site has been set up as a news feed and point of contact for the growing community of OpenNMS users in the UK and Ireland.
Here you can learn about
- Local OpenNMS events and training
- OpenNMS Support Services
- Other users of OpenNMS in the UK
- Blog posts relevant to the OpenNMS community
Below you will also find links to other OpenNMS sites and news feeds.
October 29, 2014
Marketing OpenNMS to Government:- Traditionally Open Source projects don’t have much of a marketing budget and tend to rely on world of mouth or technical conferences to promote the value of the product. This has served OpenNMS well in the past but we are coming to think that the reason many technically inferior closed source products do so well is because of their ability to market to decision makers in the ICT sector.
People sometimes ask us ‘Is OpenNMS ITIL compliant’, which is a strange question since it is your organisational processes which conform to ITIL, not your operational support systems. So it is more about how your use your systems than about the systems themselves. Recently we held OpenNMS workshops around the UK and Ireland and one of the presentations started to look at this question with a worked example of introducing a new service.
Latest News & Events
- OpenNMS Workshop at FLOSS UK 15 March 2016 (February 15, 2016)
- The State of OpenNMS – Dublin 10 Nov 2015 (November 6, 2015)
- OUCE2015 OpenNMS User Conference Europe (August 14, 2015)
- FLOSS UK DevOps 24-26 March 2015 (March 15, 2015)
- 8-11 December 2014 OpenNMS at TM Forum Digital Disruption (October 29, 2014)