Welcome to OpenNMS UK
This site has been set up as a news feed and point of contact for the growing community of OpenNMS users in the UK and Ireland.
Here you can learn about
- Local OpenNMS events and training
- OpenNMS Support Services
- Other users of OpenNMS in the UK
- Blog posts relevant to the OpenNMS community
Below you will also find links to other OpenNMS sites and news feeds.
November 12, 2017
This video outlines plans for developing an open source IOT platform based upon OpenNMS, Cassandra, grafana and activeMQ for monitoring air quality using Raspberry PI zero and Eclipse Kura based monitors. The platform can be use more generically for other measurements. This project is being done with Solent Air Watch
UPDATE – UNFORTUNATELY DUE TO UNFORESEEN CIRCUMSTANCES THE CONFERENCE HAS BEEN CANCELLED Once again the OpenNMS User Conference is taking place at the University of Fulda from 13th – 15th September 2016 The conference is great value and offers a good chance to meet other OpenNMS users around Europe. For more information and to purchase tickets please see
People sometimes ask us ‘Is OpenNMS ITIL compliant’, which is a strange question since it is your organisational processes which conform to ITIL, not your operational support systems. So it is more about how your use your systems than about the systems themselves. Recently we held OpenNMS workshops around the UK and Ireland and one of the presentations started to look at this question with a worked example of introducing a new service.
Latest News & Events
- OpenNMS Workshop at FLOSS UK 15 March 2016 (February 15, 2016)
- The State of OpenNMS – Dublin 10 Nov 2015 (November 6, 2015)
- OUCE2015 OpenNMS User Conference Europe (August 14, 2015)
- FLOSS UK DevOps 24-26 March 2015 (March 15, 2015)
- 8-11 December 2014 OpenNMS at TM Forum Digital Disruption (October 29, 2014)